Today we have a new guest post, this time from SponsoredLinX.
Although no one outside of Google knows for sure how the PageRank algorithm works, every website administrator is keen in trying to use it to their advantage. With the two main players in the equation being the number of back-links and the nature of the connected web nodes, it is important to focus your efforts on building quality links when looking to increase your metrics. The following is a list of proven methods that can help you in doing so:
- Write content that is interesting and relevant to your target audience – If visitors to your site find your articles to be worth the read, they are more likely to share them in their online communities. This gives other users the opportunity to peruse of your posts and relay the information to their own network of friends and family members. Should you encounter difficulty in thinking up good topics, turn to trends or the latest news in your industry.
- Promote your goods and services by way of social media websites – It is imperative that you pay attention to this trend if you want to reach the top of the search engine rankings. Any reputable SEO and AdWords company will advise you to leverage the power and reach of places such as Facebook and Google+ as part of your overall Internet marketing campaign. Creating a profile on these portals is an inexpensive way to generate back-links and drive traffic via followers or fans.
- Write lively articles to put up on other resources - Guest blogging is growing in popularity as another weapon in the arsenal of the on-line advertising guru and it would be wise to take advantage of it. Most of such content normally include a hyper-link leading to your homepage every time that you contribute or submit. So, more posts equate to more leads. For optimal results, consider complimenting this tactic with commenting on other people’s write-up, especially those found on Do-Follow blogs.
- Use pay-per-click advertising campaigns – This is a method worth considering if you are looking for fast results. Whilst not a direct way of building inlinks, it does increase traffic and ultimately boost the likelihood of having your articles shared over the World Wide Web. Although it is relatively easy to set up a PPC campaign, it might be a good idea to hire an experienced AdWords company to make sure that you get it right first time as the results can be disappointing if your advertisements are not optimized properly.
- Submit your site to on-line directories – This is a direct method of generating inbound links. Whilst this is a well-known technique and one that has been used for many years, employing tried and tested methods is a sensible way to get started when trying to up your page rank. It is recommended that you have yourself listed in at least 15 to 20 places for the tactic to have a significant effect.
- Give out press releases to recognized Internet publications – This can be a great way to increase the visibility of your organization at the same time provide high quality hyper-links to your corporate website. Furthermore, the interest that a well-written report can generate will attract more visitors to your portal, which, as mentioned previously, will boost the odds of people referring URLs pointing to pages on your resource of their own volition.
- Update your site on a regular basis – Places like Google and Bing like to keep their content unique and fresh. If you want those spiders to crawl on your pages, you should put up something new even if it is only once a month. The more frequent you are with your updates, the better.
There are other ways to build incoming links but some of them are frowned upon by major search engine companies. It is important to make sure that whatever you do does not go against their guidelines to avoid any penalties.
If you are tempted to use what are known as black hat SEO techniques, remember that your website could be deleted from databases if they realize what you are doing. It is well worth soliciting the advice of an experienced professional in order to make sure that you do not use such techniques unwittingly.
About the Author
SponsoredLinX is an AdWords company based in Australia boasting of a team of over 20 certified professionals to provide clients with quality SEO, Web support, and Web design solutions.